Its all yoga, all the time for me! Throughout my day - doing bodywork, teaching yoga, running a business, working in the garden, relaxing with friends and puppies in this beautiful state of New Mexico - my life is infused with yoga. I love the deeper awareness of my body, mind, soul that it brings me; love the deeper connection it enables me to experience with the world around it; and REALLY love that I am able to share this beauty with others.

I know its not always possible to connect with other yogis, that we all need extra inspiration in our own practices, and sometimes even a little kick in the butt to get into that yoga zone. I hope this blog will help you with that (and me, too!) as I share pieces of my classes, practices and inspiration with you.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What do you get from your yoga practice?

This is a lovely song by Woody Guthrie - always reminds me of what I get out of my yoga practice...

My Peace

My peace my peace is all I've got that I can give to you
My peace is all I ever had that's all I ever knew
I give my peace to green and black and red and white and blue
My peace my peace is all I've got that I can give to you

My peace, my peace is all I've got and all I've ever known
My peace is worth a thousand times more than anything I own
I pass my peace around and about 'cross hands of every hue;
I guess my peace is justa 'bout all I've got to give to you

Here's a link to Arlo singing it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFrSoVM1Pd8

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment