Its all yoga, all the time for me! Throughout my day - doing bodywork, teaching yoga, running a business, working in the garden, relaxing with friends and puppies in this beautiful state of New Mexico - my life is infused with yoga. I love the deeper awareness of my body, mind, soul that it brings me; love the deeper connection it enables me to experience with the world around it; and REALLY love that I am able to share this beauty with others.

I know its not always possible to connect with other yogis, that we all need extra inspiration in our own practices, and sometimes even a little kick in the butt to get into that yoga zone. I hope this blog will help you with that (and me, too!) as I share pieces of my classes, practices and inspiration with you.

Monday, July 6, 2015

A compelling reason to do more yoga...

I spent last week at a Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Bernie Clark.  It was a pleasant surprise that we covered a huge range of yoga topics, much more than I expected and with alot more depth than I expected.  One highlight was this great video Bernie shared on the topic of "fuzz", the small adhesions that develop in our tissues when we are inactive.  You will understand why it was a highlight when you watch it. I just dare you to keep a straight face :-)  Fun as it is, it really illustrated why it is so important to move your body, especially through awareness-based practices like yoga.  I hope you enjoy it and I hope it inspires you as it has inspired me!

No comments:

Post a Comment